An allergy is an overreaction of the immune system to an inappropriate stimulus, such as pollen, grass, dust, mold, pet dander, etc. When this happens, your immune system believes it is being invaded by a parasite rather than a harmless allergen in the environment, and therefore it rallies to its defenses to fight off the enemy.
- Watery and itchy eyes
- Runny or congested nose
- Sinus headache
- Frequent ear infections
- Nasal polyps
- Muscle/joint pain
- Conjunctivitis (eye irritation)
- Skin rashes and eczema
- Respiratory effects including endless colds, recurrent bronchitis, chronic cough
- Mental problems such as confusion, slow thinking, forgetfulness and depression
There are many possible reasons for these symptoms. The only way to know if they are caused by allergies is to take an allergy test.
Allergy Treatment Options:
- Avoidance. Even though this approach is not always practical or desirable, try to avoid things that make you allergic. For example, visiting a home with pets, pet dander can remain in a home for up to six months. Pollen from trees, flowers, and weeds can travel up to 50 miles. Avoidance can be a major challenge and significantly impact your quality of life.
- Immunotherapy. Allergy shots and allergy drops are two types of immunotherapy. These desensitize your body by introducing them to your body in small doses.
- Medication. The goal of all prescription and over-the-counter allergy medications is to stop allergy symptoms temporarily. They do nothing to relieve the CAUSE of your allergies, which is why your misery returns every time your body encounters allergens our body doesn’t like.
An allergy test is an easy, pain free, 15 minute process. The skin test introduces small samples of particles from the environment to your skin. These particles are called antigens. If you are allergic to particular antigens small bumps will appear on your skin and those spot will feel itchy and irritated. When the testing is completed the healthcare professional removes the antigens, reads your test results, and will discuss these with you. Together you will review treatments options which should help your quality of life.
Call Kudo Care Today at (972) 639-5836 to schedule your Allergy Test and get back to feeling better again!